Friday, December 18, 2009

Free Dog



When we adopted Koa, Matt and I were both prepared for years of smooth sailing in the dog ownership department.

I'd only ever had outside dogs that my dad was in charge of. Sure, I had to feed and water them; and I picked up my fair share of poop, but if they ever went to the vet or the groomers, only Dad knows for sure.

Matt had one dog growing up. From the glowing way my dear husband still talks about this long-since-passed Lab, it seems Beau was a combination of Lassie, Benji and Rin Tin Tin.



Koa is adorable, and a very well behaved dog. He doesn't bark, bite or bolt ... the three B's that would surely land him a one-way ticket back to the animal shelter.

But in the four months we've had him, he's had two long-term bouts of intestinal distress (a very messy situation, if you catch my drift), two ear infections (at the same time), one stomach bug and (most recently) a rather smelly encounter with a skunk.

Let me tell you, he's lucky that him's just the cutest-wootest, most precious doggy-oggums that Mommy has ever ever seed! Yes he is! Yes he is!

Otherwise, he'd be in the free dog box for sure.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment